Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Totally grossed out
Oh Totally grossed out today. Thought I was going to lose my dinner. Kilee finally got me to give into making Spam musubi after 2yrs of beggin. She really liked it without the spam but I made it w/ spam, or hot dogs, or plain, Also instead of seaweed I tried spring roll paper. Well let me say, I am glad I made it through. You take 4 cups rice, w 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 1/2 cub sugar, 1tsp salt, Seaweed strips, and spam or hotdogs. Fry meat. wrap like sushi. Well i couldn't even close my teeth on my bite I was already gagging. I definate can't go on any tv shows like fear factor or places where you eat weird stuff. So sorry. Even watching the kids bite after bite after bite was getting me. Clifton tried it out of love for me, but he got 4 bites in and I told him, thanks but you really dont have to eat anymore cause I hate it too. I loved sushi this lady brought w/ avacadoes and fake crab, even though I hate crab. Guess was avacado taste that got rid of crab and sea weed taste. So since I cooked all of it. I sent kilee of to mutual with two huge containers of it and said dont come back w/ any even if you have to trash it. Thank goodness they love it here. I do not share their facination with spam here, but i'm glad I dont have to eat it. Definately not a food storage item i'm going to add. Had to have chocolate to settle my stomach, might even need a bowl of popcorn too since I'm out of icecream. WEll i'm glad the kids liked it, but its not going to be a meal mom will ever make again. oh darn. Maybe i'll try lumpia next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mike's aunt made us spam musabi when we were there for our honeymoom. We loved it! Its the only time i've ever eaten and liked spam, hate the sound it makes when sliding out of the can though. Hope you had the really good seasoning to go with it. I might have to make it next time we go to the zoo. Wonder if Izzy will like it....
Post a Comment