Monday, March 5, 2012

We are on National TV! Well the kids mostly!

Well we always knew Kilee's blonde hair and blue eyes would pay off. At church we got several people saying they noticed her on tv. Say what, we looked but hadn't seen anything about Mitt's visit, but luckily others had noticed the blonde girl up front. Of course they didn't notice her brothers on the floor.

Check the kids out on CSpan(full hour) and CBS (3 seconds of Fame).
http://www.c-span.org/Campaign2012/Mitt-Romney-Town-Hall-in-Dayton-OH/10737428740-1/ They are in front of people sitting in chairs and I was behind the people in chairs. You can see my head pop up every now and then. They told me I couldn't stand so high because I would block the pretty sign.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7400844nhttp://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7400844n Stop it at about 31 seconds in and there is Kilee in the Teal Blue jacket and the boys are in the blue and black on the floor playing their DS's paying no attention to him. Yes, those are my kids on National TV looking bored.
So on Saturday, March 3, 2012 we got to go and listen to Mitt Romney for a little bit. The kids of course whined that we were taking up their Saturday playtime, and by the end they were so bored, but they did like climbing on the tires to sit and got to shake his hand with us.

This was Kilee's attempt at a picture of me, but I don't like it. Oh well, it documents I was there. I would put the one with Cliff and I, but it was worse. Anyways!
Here is Kandon, he refused to hold the sign but was there supporting from the inside.
Kilee and the boys somehow managed to get on some tires of trailers that were sitting up front and then wiggled around til they were totally in front up by the barriers. We were so worried they were fight or do something crazy on national tv. But they were good, could just see them walking out on the discussion to come back to us to use the restroom or give us their D.S. and say they were bored. But all in all it was ok.
I sent my phone back with Kowen to give to Kilee so she could take some close up pictures of him. Boy do I wish I had a better phone and camera that we forgot anyways. So she took one picture of him and lots of videos and I guess she got bored and started to explore the special effects and these are some of what I got when Kowen brought me the phone back. Thanks Kilee.














So despite the long walk since we were late and having to park at another business through those trees and then walk the long way left around through goose pooped grass and on the main street and down the long paved street just to get to a building in the woods. We are glad we went and got to see him. My dad is so jealous that we got to shake his hand because he has gone to many functions for Mitt, but never met him. Oh well, one day maybe dad.
This is a picture of his Romney bus. Kilee so wants one when she becomes famous one day.


We went to celebrate at the Steak and Shake afterwards and Kandon surprised us with his Ketchup artwork swirl. I just had to take a picture, it was so out of the blue.

Anyways, life is back to normal. We fed the missionaries on Sunday and learned that on Saturday they were being blessed by the presence of Pres. Deiter F. Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar.

Oh well I guess they win for best experience, but enjoyed ours anyways.

Maybe one day we can meet more famous people. Hey, It could happen.

Here is a video of us shaking his hand. So sorry it is crappy. I guess I held the phone up and down not sideways like suppose to. Doing too many things to get it right. But it is documented even for a few seconds. LOL

Had to use real player to hear sound, not microsoft player. Just for the heads up if you were having problems hearing it. Ok I give up I can't get the sound to work. It works on my comp under real player not micro player, but it won't load it. Maybe it is bloggers fault not mine, but I'll try tomorrow.


2 comments:

tracyp said...

how funny that they are just playing DS, totally ignoring him.

nowellmama said...

Thanks is is funny yet embarrassing at the same time. What is worse is Kowen wants us to vote OBAMA and chants OBAMA all the time. I don't know what they are teaching him about voting in school anymore.