Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pinewood Derby Kilee

Well on June 17th, Kilee picked out some choices for her girls pinewood derby car that they are doing at church on Saturday. Can you guess her first pick and it is also the one dad said no too? Ha so her second choice is the Hersheys bar at the far right. The one with just a chunk cut out and wrapped in paper. I think we can handle that and I get to eat the real chocolate so we can have the wrapper. Go team! Ha


Well come Thursday Cliff decides to cut the derby block in half with his saw instead of a hand saw and puts a crack in it that he glues. Friday afternnoon, Kilee, well mostly me, cut a corner off of it and widdled a little bit like teeth marks to look like a bite was taken out of it. Dad comes home and says I will use my drill and make it look better. He cracks the wood by the axle and it is unuseable. So he takes the top half and carves slits in it for axles, we just tape aluminum foil, coins, and the wrapper to the block, and call it decorated. He then adds the wheels and only 3 are touching, so he uses a screw driver to hammer in the wheels and voila, we have a car that vears left, but a car.

She enjoyed it and only named it Hershey's instead of Squirts which was dad's suggestion, or chocolate bomb, candy, or Her Shey. She claims she came in 5th but I don't know, I doubt it and they really didn't do races very well planned out. But it was fun to be able to experience this with her. I'm so glad she got excited and dad chipped in. HEEE!

No comments: