Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Valentine's to You Too!


Oh the joy, the torture, and the nastiness of my Valentine's Day.



Well for Valentines this year, Cliff was off so I asked him to go hiking with me. We went to Mariner's Point and it was fun to just get out and be together, although we were on a tight schedule of drop of Kowen to pre-school, get there, hike, and be back to get Kowen in 2 hrs. We were able to go and get almost to the top. Almost I say not because we were late to leave, but because I quit on him with about 5 minutes to the top. I sat on a rock and said got ahead and leave me here. I was done. Totally out of shape, but glad I made it as far as I did. Yes, it took us 45 min to get that far and we needed to leave to get back for Kowen, but mainly because I just couldn't go any farther. It took us that long because Cliff kept stopping to take pictures and I got this one on the way down. Thought we would try and kiss, but I forgot he was shirtless again and all sweaty, so it was pure torture and just nasty. Oh well.





Cliff slipped on the way down and bruised his hand. It hurt so much and swelled that we stopped off after picking up Kowen and got it x-rayed at his office. Nope, just bruised.







He then gave me a great Valentine's present of two shots. Yes, I had done some recycling with the kids on Saturday and nicked my finger on some glass. So, for my present he took me to immunizations and had them give me a tetanus and hepatitus shot. I really felt the love there. I was joking that I hope it wasn't going to hurt much and Kowen lovingly says, "I hope it hurts alot!" So, cute. It certainly did. So much I didn't feel the second one go in, and my arm hurt for 4 days. Love the tetanus present dear. Let's not do it next year though. Chocolate will do.





It was a nice change of pace and great to get out alone. Troublesome as always, but memorable.





No comments: