Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Invites



Well, I pulled another Nakeysha. Kids kept eating the Halloween candy, so I hid it. And of course I cannot remember where. Luckily it wasn't all hidden and we have some. Hopefully we will make it through without digging too much into the kids stash. So, we went around the neighborhood last night, about 36 houses at least and the kids got some candy and some dirty looks, but we did it anyways. I gave in and let them sit outside handing out candy instead of setting out a bowl, with the the stipulation that they have to hand out an invitation to the Laie Hawaii open house and rededication. Ha Sometimes in the past I have handed out pass along cards, but this year we have the temple invites. They are just cheezy words on paper, but who knows. I heard today from our Home Teacher that there was a man from the Navy base that rode his bike all the way to the Northshore from here, that is oh more than 45 miles or so, about a hour and 15 or more by car. Anyways, he passed the sign for the temple and thought oh cool, a buddist temple. Yes laugh here. So he went inside and just knew this was the church he was suppose to join. Came to Sacrament in my ward last week and again today and is almost done with the discussions. Wow.. And I knew nothing about it. You hear these stories, but now I hope to see one. Now I know there probably won't be anything from my handouts or the kids who handed some of them out friday to the neighbors, but maybe just maybe I can live with a seed. Wish I know I planted it, but hey. Oh well. I can live with a GO ME!.
So yes we did the ward trunk or treat on Oct. 9th, sent the kids out last night alittle, and there was a smaller trunk or treat down the street once we learned it was official that the base chose Sunday, not Saturday like alot of other bases do. So hopefully the kids got their Halloween fix in and I can declutter, I mean dedecorate. And move on to the next holiday. So here are a few of my pics from this month. Enjoy!

No comments: