Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's just one of those months!

I see I forgot to talk about the big red spot on Kowen's forehead during his pool party pics. And no it isn't a huge mosquito bite. Well, that was the beginning of this months troubles, and I mean starting Oct. 1st. It is always nice to have the neighbor boy knock on your door and say "um Kowen's hurt. He fell down and now his head is bleeding." Kowen was using someone elses scooter that was raised too high for him and of course not borrowing a helmet. So without details, he kissed the ground hard the day before his party. But thankfullly it was just his normal bow bows. He could walk, talk, run, complain, and go right back to playing. No throwing up, no loss of consciencness, no concussion then. Then a week goes by and I get a phone call. It's Cliff calling me from the ER. He has sprained his ankle and torn ligaments. Then today, Kandon comes running up bleeding from the mouth. He apparently learned he can't fly. He tried to jump from the playground and well his chin met his knee and his tongue got squashed btw his teeth. Luckly this time I was able to say, "Hey Doc. You have a patient waiting in the bathroom." Rare, but sure is nice to say. Cliff sacrificed a few min. of the AL game to see he was fine and sent him off to play. I'm sure Kilee has come bleeding, complaining, damaged somehow and me too, but this month just seems to be one of those months. I hope it ends before Halloween, cuz I know we don't own fake blood. Well I hope this explained Kowen's Red dot on his head. Enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

tracyp said...

So I feel bad for Kowen... but had Cliff gone more then a year with out some sort of major injury? I guess it's a good thing his a Doc...

nowellmama said...

NO he did not last more than a year. He got back in March and sometime this summer he hurt his knee and shoulder playing softball. Very painful. Got seen for shoulder and did one physical therapy and no more and doc never even talked about knee so he doesn't know if damaged it. and the knee that hurts now is the same. But at least his hands are ok and he can work huh. I'm glad you are doing great and so close to a little one. I remember w Kowen 3 wks out I was saying the spongebob "I"M ready I"m ready. then at 2wks i'm ok I can do this. then 2wk. what the heck did I get myself into. this is going to hurt. Oh well, somewhat glad u not me. heheheh. Best of luch girlfriend.