Sunday, March 27, 2011

Strange Life!



Well, Kowen's pre-school went to the aquarium and of course 4yr olds are not interested in reading the signs or listening to the recordings about the fish, so it went pretty quickly since it is a small aquarium here. Kowen was excited to see the extremely large tank with the 4 ft shark and other fish that swim locally here. Not good to know or remember when swimming anywhere. Zebra eels were cool to mom, and the octopus. However, the coolest thing to mom was the red frogfish. Yes, they call it a frogfish although it looks nothing like a frog, but it does have 4 feet. It uses the horn on top to attract fish and then eats them when close and can stay still for hrs or days I can't remember. I liked it so much, I made Kowen pose in front of it although he ran past it to the sharks and had to backtrack. I didn't get to listen to the recording, but I wonder if it croaks. Probably not.


Got to love field trips, well on some you learn things, on others nada. Reminds me of Kandon's field trip to Chinatown a few yrs ago here where if I had pointed it out, he could have learned more than just the fact that the homeless man walking down the street was in his underwear. He could have learned about the Hooker on the corner, and the Transvestite walking by the bus. But mom didn't feel like being the educator that day, just the simple chaperone.


Anyways, love aquariums and all non-dangerous sea life, may they live on and not go extint do to me or my childrens lack of care while here.

No comments: