Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back from Thailand


Well I'll warn ya again. It is time to catch up on blogging and here we go.


Here are some pictures of what Cliff got to do in Thailand. He was also in the base newspaper for his service there at a school. (Making soup) oh yeah. He learned to count to ten and they were very impressed at his ability to quickly grasp the language. He learned the difference between the thai words of a doctor and a duck. In Thai, doctor sounds like (krun-mua) and duck sounds like (krun-ma). He got lots of laughs at him. He is definately not a duck.


He also got his butt grabbed by the head Thai guy- ohh lala for the Thai guy. Cliff thought the guy was gay, and that sealed it.


Some of the other things he did there was play golf- yep not all work- he got to take his actual golf clubs to Thailand. Yes, he landed there and departed plane straight for the green. Lovely. He actually got a caddy and did pretty well.

His first meal was fried fish. They just took the fish and dropped it in the fryer and out it came head to tail. Yummy dear, If you say so. He said he ate well and lots of it-Good thing he doesn't live there he said.

The first night he stayed there he had an interesting encounter in the elevator. As he was going down he met a guy-no joke- wearing a speedo(banana hammock), t-shirt (barely covering his hammock), black socks, and dress shoes with heel clickers. And he was sporting a pearl necklace. It was all Cliff could do not to laugh. Europeans think they set the fashion statement and they can have it he says.


He also go to see a Thai boxing.



Riding in a little car (tuuk-tuuk) was an adventure I don't want him to do really. I didn't know those little 3 wheeled carts go 70mph and don't have seat belts. The drivers weave in and out of traffic and cut through two cars, driving on the dotted lines. (oh yeah he drives crazy on a motorcycle, same thing except he has a helmet most of the time.)




He also got a two hour massage for 6 bucks! That Sure beats my 2 minute ones I give for free.


And most important He --SHOPPED for Gifts for me!


Poor kids got nothing really, little nick knacks (wiggly snakes, bracelets to share with mom,snacks from plane), while mom got a huge vase with elephants on it, placemats with (you guessed it-elephants on them), and a huge heavy thing that I didn't want to know how much it cost. It turned out to be a head to hang on the wall- (yep an elephant head- you got it). No I won't hang a deer head on my wall, but I'll hang this elephant head (made from wood- don't freak) on my wall. Especially once I found out how much it cost and I can't ship it back. Ha.


No really, it must be the elephant theme, but I like my gifts more this time (I like all my gifts dear, bc they come from you). My mom started giving me elephants while attending the U of Alabama and we seem to be collecting them without really thinking. I suggested maybe we would put the elephant head in the basement of our future unknown home-ha- maybe in his man cave and make it an Alabama themed cave, but no. Cliff seems to want it front and center upstairs as a conversation piece. I think that is great too. Maybe I'll put up picks later if the video of his ride ever loads.

No comments: