I don't know where I have been or what I have been watching, but I know I have missed this whole Chick Fil A mess of the company being harassed because the CEO commented he believed marriage was between a man and a woman. I just saw it yesterday and thought I would try to go today after Missoula Children's Theater practice all day, pool for the rest of the time, and sitting in the hot sun so long I felt completely drained. So all I wanted to do was go through the drive through and get home. How naive was I. I figured I would have to wait in a line bc they do that everyday for lunch. Everyday they have workers out in the parking lot showing you the menu, then another writing your order on paper, then another calling it in, then another helping at the delivery window. And I thought that was weird and crazy. Nope. Traffic backed up and lines like it was Black Friday shopping.
So we drove by Chick fil A for dinner and it was packed with a long long long line and the parking lots beside it, grass fields behind it, and a lot far off to the side, were all full with traffic blocked for a long ways. At first I thought it was protesters, but upon a closer drive, they were all in line to order and not a single protester.
Since we had just come from the pool and there was no way I was waiting in line in the hot sun some more, (more power to those that did) we thought we would be smart and go across the street to the mall food court Chick fil A. So yes we did, I had a cover up, but i strutted my kids in the mall with their swim suits on and Kandon had no shirt. I thought we would just grab n go. Nope line there too, not as long though. And we saw friends there too, so yes my kids ate shirtless and in their swim suits to give our support. It was harder bc my kids wanted some other place to eat that didn't have a long line, but mom won out.
I do not do much publicly, but today I can say, Yes, I did that! They probably didn't learn anything, but maybe they did.
We have said it many times since moving back to the mainland and being able to eat here, but today we shout for a different reason.
YEAH FOR CHICK FIL A!



No comments:
Post a Comment